Extend your camping season with The Camping and Caravanning Club
The Camping and Caravanning Club will be opening a number of campsites for longer this winter including two that will enable campers to pitch up any time of year.
In total, 30 Club Sites will be open beyond the traditional camping season, meaning people can still enjoy a much-needed break well into the autumn and winter, and over the Christmas period.
Two Club Sites – Derwentwater in the Lake District and Salisbury in Wiltshire – will now join 15 others that are open to campers all year round. In addition, four sites that would normally close by the beginning of November are having their season extended. These sites are Barnard Castle in County Durham, Cannock Chase in Staffordshire, Kendal just outside the Lake District National Park, and Horsley in Surrey. Meanwhile, Lynton in Devon is having its season extended until 31 October.
The Club’s Simon McGrath said:
“Autumn and winter can be a fantastic time to enjoy your caravan, motorhome or even tent and we believe many people will be keen to continue to enjoy the fresh air on a camping break, even as the nights draw in.
“Given the huge popularity of pitching up on a campsite, we wanted to offer campers more choice of locations later in the year by extending the season of a number of our sites.”
Pitches are available this autumn and winter from as little as £15.10 per night, based on two adults sharing a pitch.
The Club has 13 Club Sites with extended opening:
• Barnard Castle, County Durham: Closes for the season on 30 November 2021
• Bellingham, Northumberland: Closes 4 January 2022
• Cannock Chase: Closes 30 November 2021
• Cheddar, Somerset: Closes 4 January
• Horsley, Surrey: Closes 30 November 2021
• Kendal, Lake District: Closes 30 November 2021
• Lynton, Devon: Closes 31 October 2021
• Polstead, Suffolk: Closes 7 January
• Sandringham, Norfolk: Closes 4 January
• Scone, Perthshire: Closes 5 January
• Winchcombe, Gloucestershire: Closes 4 January
• Windermere, Lake District: Closes 14 January
• Wolverley, Worcestershire: Closes 4 January
A further 17 Club Sites remain open year-round along with five Camping in the Forest sites. To find out more visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/year-round-sites.
The Club has a wealth of helpful information and advice on its website to help people make the most of caravanning and motorhoming during the autumn and winter months. For more information visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/helpandadvice/technicalhelp/datasheets/winter-touring/.