Caravan Awnings can be very helpful if you need extra room while away on your holiday.
If you plan to use your awning frequently it needs to be durable. When caravanning in winter, for instance, it will need high levels of weather resistance. Occasional summer-use awnings may feature a lighter construction and be lower in price.
What type of awning do I need for my caravan?
Before buying a caravan awning, ask yourself some questions to decide exactly what you want the awning to do:
- Is it a sunshade/wind break for holidays abroad?
- Is it a place to store wet clothes and wellington boots for holidays at home?
- Will the family want to eat and/or sleep in the awning?
- Will it be put up by one person, or will several ‘hands’ be available?
- Are you restricted by the amount of weight you can carry in car or caravan?
- Is the awning just for the caravan you have now, or might you want to keep it for another caravan?
If you want an awning that combines a sunshade with a full awning for longer stops, some products feature removable side panels.
A full-size awning, tailored to fit the whole caravan side, provides the most space but can be very heavy. Porch awnings offer limited space but are lighter and easier to handle.