The 2022 Owner Satisfaction Awards showcase the best in camping equipment from tents, awnings to caravans, motorhomes, and folding campers.
The event, held on 11th November, played host to people from across the camping and outdoor leisure industries and was the fifth set of awards that the Club has run in partnership with Practical Motorhome and Practical Caravan magazines.
The winners received their awards based on the satisfaction rating given to them by customers who completed the 2021 Owner Satisfaction Survey, which ran from January 2020 through to August 2021.
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, the awards were not able to be held in January 2021 as first planned, which meant the survey period was extended and more customer responses were gathered in the process.
Rob Ganley, Editor-in-Chief of Camping & Caravanning, the official magazine of the Camping and Caravanning Club, said:
“This year has seen a boom in first time campers – people who might never have considered tenting or caravanning before have taken the plunge this year, and we’re delighted many have shared their experiences with us.
“These awards are based on feedback from thousands of owners of tents, folding campers, awnings, caravans and motorhomes across the UK – everyone should read the results before buying their next camping unit. We also share the findings with the manufacturers to help improve the design and performance of their products, which benefits both the companies and their customers.”
Sarah Wakely, Editor-in-Chief of Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome at Future Publishing, said:
“The Practical Motorhome Owner Satisfaction Awards were created in 2004 with the aim of providing our readers with a guide to buying better; in 2013 they were expanded to include Practical Caravan magazine. For the past six years we have also partnered with our friends at the Camping and Caravanning Club to expand the reach of the results even further.
“There is no other scheme like this in the industry: our awards are the result of incredibly in-depth surveys, honestly completed by customers on the reliability of their purchase. With our awards, we aim to help buyers, both now and in the future, make the right buying choice for their needs.”
Tent Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
- Best budget tents (up to £300): Hi Gear
- Best mainstream tents (£300-£999): Berghaus
- Best premium tents (over £1,000): Karsten
- Best backpacker tents: Robens
- Best family tents: Berghaus, Zempire (two winners)
- Best traditional pole tents: Quechua
- Best inflatable-tube tents: Karsten
Awning Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
- Best caravan porch awnings: Isabella
- Best caravan full awnings: Isabella
- Best motorhome awnings: Outdoor Revolution
Folding Camper Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
- Best folding campers (including trailer tents): Opus
Caravan Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
- Best manufacturer of new caravans: Adria
- Best manufacturer of pre-owned caravans: Coachman
- Best supplying dealer for new caravans: Salop Leisure
- Best supplying dealer for pre-owned caravans: Peter Roberts Caravans and Motorhomes
- Best caravan manufacturer (UK new and pre-owned): Coachman
Motorhome Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
- Best van converter (direct sales): Bilbo’s Motorhomes
- Best manufacturer of new motorhomes: Adria
- Best manufacturer of pre-owned motorhomes: Hymer
- Best supplying dealer of new motorhomes: Richard Baldwin Motorhomes
- Best supplying dealer of pre-owned motorhomes: Meridian Motorhomes
- Best motorhome manufacturer (UK new and pre-owned): Hymer
To learn more about the 2022 Owner Satisfaction Awards visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/owner-satisfaction-awards.
The results from the surveys and analysis has been published in the December issue of Camping & Caravanning magazine and the December issues of Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome magazines.
To see who won last year click HERE.