Made in Britain – the new Wellhouse Vauxhall Vivaro Blighty campervan
- New: a UK-built Vauxhall Vivaro campervan conversion from Wellhouse Leisure, called, appropriately, ‘Blighty’, available from £44,500
- The new Vivaro is made by Vauxhall in Luton, converted by Wellhouse Leisure in Yorkshire
- Compact and easy to drive every day: 4.95m long, 1.92m wide, 1.98m high
- The conversion includes: crash-tested sliding rear seat (made in Germany) with multipoint fixing, elevating roof, kitchen with 25-litre fridge, sink and 2-burner cooker with glass lid, solar panel, Eberspacher 2.2kw heater, dark-tinted rear glass, LED mood lighting, driver and passenger swivel seats, and five choices of stylish Italian wood furniture
- ‘Irmscher Edition’ model available with bodykit, lowered suspension, 19in alloy wheels
- Two 2.0-litre turbodiesel engines: 120 PS 6-speed manual or 180 PS 6-speed automatic
- Wellhouse Leisure – a leading UK campervan converter – is ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Full details available at www.wellhouseleisure.com/our-brands/vauxhall-vivaro/
Wellhouse Leisure is proud to be introducing its first British-built campervan.
Based on the Vauxhall Vivaro, the new model is, appropriately, called the Wellhouse Vauxhall Vivaro Blighty.
The new Vivaro is made by Vauxhall in Luton and converted by Wellhouse Leisure near Huddersfield in Yorkshire with a full campervan specification.
This includes: an elevating roof, kitchen with two-burner cooker and sink with a glass lid, a 25-litre compressor fridge, solar panel, Eberspacher 2.2kw heater, dark-tinted rear glass and LED mood lighting. The internal furniture is available in a choice of five different Italian woods.
Options available include leather upholstery, a roof bed (to make it a four-berth), two extra (single) seats, side awnings, a rear shower attachment, external BBQ point, towbar, and bike racks for the rear tailgate or roof.
When camping, the driver and passenger seats can be swivelled to face the rear living area, and the crash-tested, two-seater rear bench seat (made in Germany) uses a multipoint fixing so it can slide on rails in the floor to create more living space or storage, as required, and also converts to a bed.
The Blighty has a 3,100kg GVW and a two-litre engine available with 120 PS and a six-speed manual (£44,500), or 180 PS with a six-speed automatic (£46,500).
The Vauxhall Vivaro is based on the same platform as the Wellhouse Toyota Proace Lerina (winner of the Micro Motorhomes category of the Caravan and Motorhome Club’s Motorhome Design Awards 2018), as well as the Peugeot Expert and Citroen Dispatch.
This means it an easy vehicle to use as an everyday car with dimensions of 4.95m long, 1.92m wide and 1.98m high, so it fits into most car park spaces.
Parking the Vivaro is made even easier with front and rear parking sensors as standard.
Other car-like luxuries include a 7-inch touchscreen satellite navigation system, air conditioning, twin airbags, cruise control, alarm, electric heated (folding) door mirrors with Blind Spot Monitor and keyless entry.
Two other standard items are metallic paint and a Driver Safety Pack which includes semi-adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert with automatic emergency braking and pedestrian detection, plus a 3.5in colour information display.
A sporty-looking Irmscher Edition model will join the Blighty campervan range this summer.
Irmscher is an official supplier of body kits and styling accessories for Vauxhall (and Opel) models, so the Vivaro Blighty Irmscher Edition uses its body kit, lowered suspension and 19in alloy wheels.
It will be available with either of the 120 PS or 180 PS engines from £48,500 and £50,500 respectively.
David Elliott from Wellhouse Leisure said:
“We reckon our new Vivaro Blighty is the only campervan currently available that can truly say it is ‘Made in Britain’,”
“The Vauxhall Vivaro size and shape make it a great base for a campervan conversion, and we have designed the Blighty to offer a high standard specification and excellent value for money.”
The new Vivaro Blighty is available directly from Wellhouse Leisure, and during the COVID-19 lockdown, Wellhouse Leisure can offer video tours of its campervans.
For further information, please call 01484 861100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org